What you need to know
- Refrigerative air conditioners come in both cooling-only and reverse-cycle models which provide both heating and cooling.
- Seek professional advice to make sure you get an air conditioner with the right cooling capacity output for the area you’ll be cooling.
- Use the star ratings at the top of the energy label to compare the effciency of different models. The cooling star rating is shown in the blue band. The more stars the more you’ll save on your cooling costs.
- Look for inverter models as they’re quieter to run and give additional energy savings.
- For air conditioners with the same star rating and capacity output, use the number in the blue “Power Input” box in the middle of the label to compare power consumption – the lower the number the better.